Brian received his B.A. in Marketing and Computer Science at Sam Houston State University as well as post-graduate work at Texas A&M and Rice University. Brian started his career in energy with Diamond Shamrock (now Valero) in 1989, and recently completed his 25th year with Shell Oil Company in Houston. Throughout his career, he has delivered commercial impact across many of Shell’s business units including Retail Marketing, Shell Chemicals and Shell Pipeline. However, Brian describes his current Diversity & Inclusion work as the “role of a lifetime” as he helps to lead Shell’s supply-chain transformation by focusing on developing the pipeline of small and/or diverse-owned business enterprises. His passion is helping suppliers to FIND THEIR FIT in the energy supply chain.
Brian’s external commitment to US business community includes serving in the following capacity:
- Board Chair-Elect, 2019; National Hispanic Corporate Council
- Global Services Committee & Corporate Ambassador; Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC.org)
- Chair, Corporate Advisory Committee; Houston’s Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance (WBEA)
- Board Member; National Association of Veteran Owned Businesses (NaVOBA)
- Chair, Procurement Corporate Advisory Committee; US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Brian’s personal commitment to community through philanthropy and volunteerism includes board and committee roles with Theta Chi Fraternity, The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, Board Member of the Sam Houston State Alumni Association, as well as Founder and President of Friday Harbour.org, a Houston based non-profit organization providing thousands of free hotel nights per year for cancer patients/families seeking treatment in the Texas Medical Center. Healing Cancer One Night At A Time.